Sunday, December 7, 2008

Seed Beaded Christmas Santa Claus Earring Pattern

Hi! I have a new Christmas brick stitch earring pattern for you! It is a Santa Claus pattern. I had made a pair of Santa earrings for my Grandma over 10 years ago...and thought that I would send her a more updated version this year. Here is the pattern that I came up with. They are a really nice size too! This pattern uses brick stitch (obviously my favorite stitch!) and fringe. It is mostly single brick stitch, with the brim of Santa's hat being the only row of two drop brick stitch. The beard is composed of looped fringe.
I chose a deep red shade for my Santa's hat, but you can use a more traditional red color (or really any color that you wish). I used Toho Treasures size #1. My Santa is composed of 6 different bead colors. You will also need a needle and beading thread (I used Toho One G and a size 13 needle).
Here is the pattern. Click on the picture to enlarge:


Start in the center with 10 rows of two beads in each row using the ladder stitch. Next, work your way up, using the pattern in brick stitch, to the tip of the hat, finishing the hat with a six bead loop to hang your earring finding. Then, work your thread to the bottom of the earring, flip and finish the bottom half of his face. Once you are finished with Santa's face...it is time for his beard. I worked my thread up to the first ladder stitch row, then added fringe around the bottom half of the earring and back up to the other side. Add earring finding...done!
Here is my finished pair of Santa earring:



check out this website for really helpful, free beading tutorials:http://www.beadseast.com/primers.html

I found a new source for graph paper:
http://www.beadedimages.com/patternbrickgraphpaper.pdf

Like this pattern?
Check out my book of 15 patterns!


© 2008 threemoonbabies / Marjorie Dalgarn, All rights reserved.You may use this tutorial to make jewelry for sale. If you do so, please link back to Marjorie Dalgarn (http://livingwiththreemoonbabies.blogspot.com) in the item description.

8 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Cute Santa Earrings.

Marjorie said...

Thanks:)

Lauren said...

How cute! I don't think I'd be patient enough :)

BonTons said...

too cute, great pattern intsructions!

Unknown said...

I've made several pairs of these and they always get compliments when I wear them! Once you learn the basic pattern they go really fast.

Marjorie said...

Thanks! I am so happy that everyone likes the pattern!

Unknown said...

I think it's cute! I'm going to give it a try!

Unknown said...

Thank you, I am trying this pattern.