Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hand Painted Tights

After reading a great post by Erin about making your own printed fabric on her blog, I decided to try it on my daughter's tights. I have been wanting to do some hand painted tights for a while...
So, since this is our first try, we used a pair of her old, grass stained tights.
Here is what we did:
I mixed an acrylic paint with a textile medium.

We found an old daisy stamp that we had, and stuffed rolled up newspaper in the legs.

We dipped the stamp in the paint, stamped on a paper towel to wipe off excess paint....

and went to stamping! Making sure to cover all of the stains!

Here they are after being washed, which softened the look of the stamped flowers. They turned out really cute, and made an old pair of tights new again! I can see many, many variations on these! And think of all the cute stamps that are out there! Holiday themed tights...strawberries...snowflakes...polka dots...the possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

erin said...

Love them! They turned out FAB my friend!!! I must try that out too! I've got a 6 year old that would love them!!! :) keep creating!!!

Louise said...

Wow, that is so cool

I have to try that for my daughter

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Really cool. I sent the link to my great neice as she has a little girl and this might come in handy for her.