Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Nathan Earrings Beading Pattern

Here is a new beading pattern!  They are pretty simple earrings, but the endless possible color combinations can make them stand out and WOW!

In my example, I used primary colors and turquoise.  I was going for a tribal look.

living with ThreeMoonBabies | Nathan Earrings Beading Pattern (finished earrings)


This pattern was completed using a combination of ladder stitch, two drop brick stitch, and fringe.  A foundation row is created using a ladder stitch with two beads in each row (9 rows).  The rest of the beadwork is completed using a two bead brick stitch.  It's a good pattern for a beginner because there are no complicated increases or decreases.  I used round, size 11/o seed beads for the earrings pictured above, but feel free to experiment with the pattern using various sizes, shapes, and colors of beads. 

You can get the PDF download for this pattern HERE.

living with ThreeMoonBabies | Nathan Earrings Beading Pattern

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Enjoy!

(P.S.  This pattern was named after my cousin Nathan.)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful earrings and beautiful pattern! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm going to love wearing these.

Marjorie said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you like the pattern!

Brandi28326 said...

I have been looking tirelessly for a pattern to do a wing earring using this technique but can't find a single one that has adapted the technique for it. I can find the earrings I have in mind for sale on etsy but weeks of searching and reading has left me still with no idea how to make them. The Fringe tapers from right to left. From long with a slight curve in for the very right to just the end beads after the bugle bead for the last left column of the earring. Do you have anything on this?

Kellisprague said...

We're in the same boat! I've seen a pair I loved on Etsy and can't find a pattern anywhere!! Until now😊