So... my 10 year old daughter needed a pencil pouch for her binder...
Problem is...we couldn't find one in stock anywhere...
The only pencil pouches we could find had Disney Princesses or Cars on them:(
Not so cool for a 5th grader!
We decided to go with a Cars pencil pouch and give it a makeover!
Here's what we did:
1. Get your pencil pouch. It should have a plastic, smooth front.
2. Prime! I'm not sure how the chalkboard paint would stick without the primer, so better safe than sorry.
3. Get some chalkboard paint. They even have tons of cool colors now. We went with black because that's what we had.
4. Paint with chalkboard paint.
5. Cover painted area with chalk and erase...then write or draw whatever your heart desires. The coolest part is you can write notes or change daily to fit your mood!
How easy was that?
Oh...and now, it is cool enough for a 5th grader. Goes great with her silver glittered binder too! Totally rockstar!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!